Monday, February 17, 2014

One Ball Wonders...

 Happy President's Day!
If you are anything like me, you can be found knitting at least a little each day almost every day of the year; heck, I've even been spotted knitting at the beach!  When you knit as much as I do, very rarely are you working on just one project at a time.  Most of the time I have a bigger project going on, a dishcloth of sorts, maybe a hat or cowl, but almost always, one of my projects requires only one ball of yarn.  I call these projects, one ball wonders.  One ball wonders are extremely satisfying to knit, they are cheap and they usually don't take very long at all, giving you almost instant gratification.  Often times one ball wonder patterns are also patterns that I use multiple times because the items make great quick gifts. Another advantage to these small projects is the yarn, yes, you could use any yarn that fits the pattern, but it is also a great time to use that special ball of one of a kind yarn you've been waiting to knit up.  At Creating with Sticks, we offer a wide variety of beautiful, one of a kind, hand dyed yarn that is perfect for one ball wonder projects.  To me, using hand dyed or hand spun yarn always makes a project extra special.

Today I am linking you to a headband pattern that is tried and true, I've knit it twice actually, and to some beautiful hand painted yarn that would make the project perfect.  Better yet, this pattern is free!




Sweetheart Aran Weight Bluefaced Leicester 100 Percent Super Soft British Bluefaced Leicester Lustre Wool/ Wool/ Heavy Worsted
 "Sweetheart" Bluefaced Leicester Wool

Beach 100 Percent Superwash Merino Yarn Aran Weight / MerinoYarn/ Superwash Merino/ Yarn/ Aran Weight Yarn/ Merino Wool/ Heavy Worsted
"Beach" 100% Superwash Merino

For more of Creating with Sticks hand painted yarn, click here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreatingWithSticks?section_id=14772975&ref=shopsection_leftnav_9

Knit on!

No comments:

Post a Comment