Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!



Valentine's Day, you either love it or hate it, it seems.  Me, I can take it or leave it really, but I do always end up celebrating it in someway, at least for my daughter.  I am always sure to get my daughter at least a little candy and card, or this year I wrote her a letter telling her all of the reasons why I love her.  As for my husband, I've just decided that I'm going to give him something no matter what from now on.  In the past we never made a big deal about this holiday, until last year that is.  Last year, the day before Valentine's day a box of Sheri's Berries showed up on my doorstep, much to my surprise.  The next day it was a bouquet of tulips!  I was in shock and completely unprepared, we had never given gifts for Valentine's Day before.  It was so last minute and my brain didn't know what to do, I ended up getting him the cheesy heart shaped box of chocolates right before he got home.  Not very original, I know, but there was no time to think of anything else.  This year, although I expect nothing in return, I was slightly more prepared.  This morning I put one gift on the seat of his truck before he left for work and I delivered another to his truck before lunch time.  It was actually kind of fun to be sneaky like that and made me enjoy the holiday just a little bit more.

I hope that whether you have a sweetie or not that you enjoy your "Heart Day".  Even if you treat yourself to flowers or chocolates, why not, you deserve to indulge a little today or any day.  If you are going to indulge yourself in a little knitting, I've included a link to an easy heart happy pattern from Lily Sugar'n Cream for you to enjoy.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/heart-dishcloth-knit-version

No comments:

Post a Comment