Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hand painting and dyeing yarn, my new love...

My name is Leah and I'm a yarn addict.  If you knit, crochet or enjoy other fiber arts, you may know what it is like to be obsessed with yarn.  As you know, yarn comes in an endless rainbow of colors, textures, fibers and weights.  When you walk into a yarn shop or down the yarn aisle, it is hard to control yourself from touching every skein of yarn you pass by and even harder not to buy it all.  Many of us who knit or crochet have yarn stashes that if unwound would cover miles and miles of ground, yet it is never enough.  Wanting to share my love of yarny goodness, I recently discovered a new passion, hand painting and hand dyeing wool.  Next to knitting, there is nothing better than spending an afternoon creating new colorways and experimenting with different wools or dyeing techniques and I'm happy to have the opportunity to share them with you.  You can find a variety of super soft Bluefaced Leicester and super wash Merino wools in my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/CreatingWithSticks.




No comments:

Post a Comment