Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Technique Tuesday...

Being so sick last week, I hardly got anything done, and that includes knitting.  Not knitting really bums me out, I try to knit at least a little everyday as it always gives me a sense of accomplishment.  I also have some great yarn that I've been really wanting to use and have just wanted to cast on; two skeins of Berroco Vintage Chunky, it is super soft and lightweight for being a chunky yarn.  I am a very indecisive person and this case is no different, I've been trying to decide for months on what I should knit with this yarn.  I've finally decided that I am going to use today's technique and make an infinity scarf... I think ;)  So here it is, today's technique brought to you by New Stitch a Day (I better dig in before I change my mind).  I apologize, the video would not upload, but if you click on the link below it will take you right to it.






TECHNIQUES USED IN THIS STITCH:



Skill: Intermediate

Cast On: Multiple of 8 sts + 4.

Pattern Instructions
Row 1: (Right Side): k2, *yo, sl 1, k1, psso, k1, k2tog, yo, k3, rep from * to last 2 sts, k2.
Row 2: p7, *p2tog tbl, yo, p6; rep from * to last 5 sts, p2tog tbl, yo, p3.
Row 3: k4, *yo, sl 1, k1, psso, k1, k2tog, yo, k3; rep from * to end.
Row 4: p5, *p2tog tbl, yo, p6; rep from * to last 7 sts, p2tog tbl, yo, p5.
Row 5: k1, *k2tog, yo, k3, yo, sl 1, k1, psso, k1; rep from * to last 3 sts, k2tog, yo, k1.
Row 6: p3, *p2tog tbl, yo, p6; rep from * to last st, p1.
Row 7: k3, *k2tog, yo, k3, yo, sl 1, k1, psso, k1; rep from * to last st, k1.
Row 8: p1, *p2tog tbl, yo, p6; rep from * to last 3 sts ,p2tog tbl, yo, p1.
Repeat rows 1-8 until you have reached your desired length

No comments:

Post a Comment