Monday, April 14, 2014

One Ball Wonders...

Happy Monday everyone!  At least I am doing my best to be happy; on one hand I am feeling better, so that is a big plus, on the other hand, there is a few inches of snow on the ground with no signs of stopping.  Ugh!  I am so sick of winter, just yesterday I was celebrating how we only had a tiny bit of snow left, and now this.  Okay, enough of me complaining and on with the show. 

To celebrate spring, today's pattern is a light project and something that I am actually working on right now, the Triton Socks, a free pattern by Laura Sparling.  The Triton Socks are lacy and knit toe-up on two circular needles, DPNs or the way I am knitting them is two at a time with Judy's Magic Cast On.  Being the first time I've tried two at a time with Judy's Magic Cast On, I don't think that this would have been the pattern I would have chosen, but it seems to be working with having to fix some mistakes along the way.  Also, I prefer longer cuffs, so I plan on knitting until  I run out of yarn.  Solid, light colors or slightly variegated colors will work the best for showing off the pattern of these socks.

Gather up a skein of 4 ply fingering weight yarn, your needles and a tape measure and lets get knitting the Triton socks.  Note, if using Judy's Magic Cast On, you will need to divide your skein of yarn into two balls.






Triton Socks by Laura Sparling








 

No comments:

Post a Comment